Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday's Fun Fact

I worked as a barista for about a year in college at a coffee establishment other than Starbucks. You would never see Starbucks in my cup (probably cause I never had to pay for drinks where I worked). Now, the only place to get a cup of coffee that doesn't taste like dirty dishwater is Starbucks. This little fun fact was on my second cup of coffee yesterday. Interesting to think about...The Way I See It #51 Americans spend an average of 29 hours a week watching television - which means in a typical life span we devote 13 uninterrupted years to our TV set! The biggest problem with mass media isn't low quality - it's high quantity. Cutting down just an hour a day would provide extra years of life - for music and family, exercise and reading, conversation and coffee. --Michael Medved Author of Right Turns and radio talk show host.

No comments:

Post a Comment