Sunday, June 7, 2009

Big Tree Fall Hard

So I got in 65 miles of riding yesterday. Unfortunately the sun hadn't dried up all the rain, leading to slick wooden bridges, which lead to my 6'10", 300 pound riding buddy hitting the deck. He came in a turn on one of boardwalks and bam. All I can say is I've never seen anything quite like it. Thankfully he's OK.

We got back and inhaled $5 Foot longs from Subway (eat fresh). Clint left to study for the LSAT and I headed back out for round two.

I'm about to finish up my bowl of cheerios and suit up for my first "group ride" headed up by Spokes, Etc, which in my opinion is one of the better bike shops in the DC area. Should be interesting. I'm counting on this going well because the rest of my day is going to involve serious apartment cleaning. :|

1 comment:

  1. damn that sucks, hope your friend is ok. I have a feeling that when I finally get my bike, this tree might fall a few times lol

    ReplyDelete